United Nations Organizations in Montreal, Canada
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
The International Civil Aviation Organization was established in 1944 as a specialised agency of the United Nations. The International Civil Aviation Organization's mission is to promote the development of safe aviation across the globe, along with setting standards for aviation security and environmental protection.
In addition the International Civil Aviation Organization :
- Defines protocols for investigations into air accidents
- Establishes flight inspection standards
- Develops Regional Supplementary Procedures (SUPP's)
- Liaises with transport safety authorities
- Prevents unlawful interference
- Facilitates border crossing procedures for international civil aviation
- Develops Standards of Recommended Practices (SARP's)
- Produces guidance materials
- Develops Procedures for Air Navigation Services (PAN's)
There are one hundred and ninety Member States within the International Civil Aviation Organization.
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
999 University Street
The United Nations Associations in Canada - Greater Montreal (UNAC-Montreal)
The United Nations Associations in Canada – Greater Montreal (UNAC-Montreal) was established to promote the work of the United Nations to the people of Montreal, specifically the younger generations. UNAC-Greater Montreal aims to provide knowledge and improve the understanding of the mission of the UN, specifically peace and security, human rights and economic and social developments.
United Nations Association in Canada - Greater Montreal
Universite du Quebec a Montreal
405, East, Sainte-Catherine Street, suite J-4350
Montreal (QC) H2L 2C4